[mythtv-users] wireless frontend?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jul 13 11:02:43 UTC 2006

On Jul 13, 2006, at 4:35 AM, stan at stanandliz.net wrote:

> Hello - Do what I do and user a Homeplug network which works
> through you
> power. It works very well for me.
>
> http://www.devolo.com/co_EN/produkte/dlan/mldlanhsethernet.html

I've read reviews that give absolutely horrible reports on the
performance of this type of unit.

Do you have any real-world performance figures for your installation ?

If you don't have performance numbers, how many videos have you been
able to move at a time, have you tried HD, what distance apart are
your units? Could you describe your setup?

Do you live in 110 or 220 volt territory? (I wonder if the two
systems have performance differences).

Sorry to be so inquisitive but this technology has the potential to
be very useful if it works reliably.