[mythtv-users] How to shedule recordings from command line?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 12 19:18:11 UTC 2006

On 07/12/2006 03:10 PM, Mario Bernard wrote:
> From: "Brad Templeton"
>
>> Well, in that sense, mysql is a command line interface for mythtv.  One can
>> schedule programs in mythtv just with simple sql queries, often doable from
>> the command line interface of the mysql command.
>> I don't know how long it takes for mythtv to do a reschedule_recordings on its
>> own spontaneously, but I believe it does happen, in which case for recordings
>> in the future you can just do SQL commands and that would be enough.

It runs the scheduler on restart and after mythfilldatabase runs.  It
also runs the scheduler in response to a reschedule request (which
should be made by a frontend after creating a new scheduler).
Reschedule requests can be made against all schedules or against a
specific schedule.  The easiest way (from the command-line) to do a
reschedule is:

mythbackend --resched

> These are the sql commands I used. It looks for a schedule on a specific channel and a specific starttime:

> Generating the first row into 'record' was easy. That it also required a row in 'recordmatch' didn't came up my mind for a long time.

Are you sure that's your job.  Shouldn't that be left to the scheduler?

Mike