[mythtv-users] Mythtv .19 live watching

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 12 18:02:18 UTC 2006

On 07/12/06 13:53, Yves De Muyter wrote:

>Sorry, but this is a problem I encountered. It seems like others have too.
>
>Also Mythtv is not used each day perse. There are simply too many TV-sets in
>the house and mythtv is mainly used for recording. What if it was left on by
>the kids on a music-channel and I noticed after 3 days ? It's not that I watch
>TV each day...

Assuming the longest program in that 3-day period is 24-hours, you'd
have the exact same result as leaving it on only for the period spanning
that 24-hour program.  In other words, the only way to get a long LiveTV
recording is if your guide data says it's a long program...  Once the
24-hour program completed, the new program starts, and then the 24-hour
program would be the highest-priority program to expire (assuming all
other LiveTV programs had already expired).

>The option to break live programs in segments will probably be enough for now.
>You'll have to be tuned on the channel anyway to get the start of a program.

So, feel free to make that an option.  :)

Mike