[mythtv-users] wireless frontend?

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 17:27:00 UTC 2006

On 7/12/06, Stephen Sassman <sassman1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am thinking of building a frontend for my living room, but the backend is
> upstairs. Is it possible to use a wireless card to connect to the backend.
> My backend is connected to a wireless router. I would like to do this, but I
> have heard that it could be a problem.

This has been covered quite a few times on this list. Check the
archives for complete details.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/

For a quick answer, yes, it can work depending on your recording
settings.  My settings end in a 2.2Gig/hr file and it plays well, but
has a few hicups now and again.

--Phill W.