[mythtv-users] Isn't the new "innovation" from Intel similar to Myth?

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Wed Jul 12 10:34:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:22 pm, Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> David Whyte wrote:

> >> But they seem to be implying that this can only be done with their
> >> "Viiv" "technology", and not with anything else.
> >>
> >> Marketing, pure marketing.
> >>
> >> The horrible thing is that it will probably work.
> >
> > "ViiV" has been around for a good few months from what I recall and
> > all I thought it was was a hardware architecture that Intel developed
> > and are now pushing, whereby you have cool, quiet and small PC's that
> > are powerful.  Modern laptop type hardware in a small desktop-like
> > form factor.
> >
> > ViiV does not imply any software is provided, you put your own software
> > on top.
> >
> > That is my take on it all anyways.  I would like a ViiV type box for
> > my mythtv frontend :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Whytey
> Hmmm, from the Intel site:
>
> "Microsoft Windows* XP Media Center Edition makes it easy to control and
> enjoy your digital media."
>
> Boo Hiss....:)

I bow to our overlords and thank them for showing us the way.  May the scraps
from their table feed us all.  Will the new Windoze require I install
"Genuine Windows Advantage" every time I boot.  (I only boot it occasionly,
less so every month)

Whats with the limited virus check it always downloads.  Can't they kill off
MyDoom etc?

I guess its true, kick the public while they're down because if they get up
Microsoft is sure to lose.

Paul