[mythtv-users] IR Blaster without a serial connector?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 17:41:09 UTC 2006

Afternoon folks!

I have a situation where I need to use an IR Blaster, but on this
particular system, I don't have any serial connectors, but a quad pack
of unused USB ones.  I was considering a Serial --> USB dongle,
however, I was hoping a more elegant solution might pop up (plus I've
heard these are sketchy in linux, with certain ones).  I have no more
PCI blanks on my case, so I can't use the internal onboard serial
connector either.  I've seen the USB-UIRT, but I also don't want to
get rid of my existing StreamZap remote/receiver setup; although if no
other option exists, that may be the way I have to go.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Chad