[mythtv-users] Channel detail info missing from guide / ZAP2It error?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 11 17:00:01 UTC 2006

On 07/11/2006 11:33 AM, Mark wrote:
> From: "Michael T. Dean"
>> On 07/11/2006 10:55 AM, Mark wrote:
>>> FC5, MythTV 19 from ATRPMS
>>>
>>> When I am on the program channel guide screen ( and other screens ),
>>> there is no channel info.  I have had this info on 18, but not now on 19.
>>>
>>> I see instead, on the far left side of the guide, Eg.
>>>
>>> 33
>>> Channel 33
>>> 34
>>> Channel 34
>>>
>>> Rather than what it used to be:
>>>
>>> 33
>>> CFCN
>>> 34
>>> KXLY
>>>
>>> Any idea what the problem could be?  Anyone else seeing this?
>> Edit your channels in mythtv-setup and change the callsigns to what you
>> want.
> Is the zap2it data not being parsed and inserted correctly I wonder?
> Is there a way to test this?

Did you scan for channels when creating your video source in
mythtv-setup?  For an analog card, you shouldn't generally (ever?) do
the channel scan.

If you did a scan, delete your video source(s) and re-create them, but
do not do a channel scan--just get them from DataDirect (something to
the effect of "Fetch channels from listings source").

Mike