[mythtv-users] setup problems

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 11 14:41:28 UTC 2006

On 07/11/2006 02:58 AM, Michael wrote:
> Greetings  when running mythtv-setup I get a blue screen with the
> following error message "could not find file setup.xml". On the next
> screen I get told to run mythfilldatabase . Below are the output on
> terminal of each command.
> 2006-07-11 12:34:01.583 ThemedMenuPrivate: Couldn't read menu file
> setup.xml

Upgraded from a previous version where you had set the theme to use one
that's not installed, anymore?  If so, try

mythtv-setup -O Theme=blue

If that works, you'll have to use

mythfrontend -O Theme=blue

to start mythfrontend the first time (when you're ready to do so) and
then use the frontend settings (Appearance section) to change the theme
to an installed one.

If that's not the problem, check permissions on your theme directory
(should be /usr/share/mythtv/themes).

Mike