[mythtv-users] Sort of OT - Attn Aussies

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 03:59:13 UTC 2006

On 7/11/06, Bruce Nordstrand <brucen at ksl.com.au> wrote:
> I was just wondering what drives the rest of you....

Simple, the convenience.  The alternative would be the use of a VCR
and frankly I detest VCR's.  Tapes go missing, you have to rewind and
fastforward, you have to wait for the show to finish recording to
start watching, only one person can playback the show at once, you
have to setup the recordings etc etc etc.

Plus, I like the fact I can do more with my recordings, such as watch
them on my PDA or burn them to DVD.

And whilst the difficulty involved in Foxtel type recordings has
detered me from even bothering, I do still watch FTA so it is all
worth it!

Cheers,
Whytey