[mythtv-users] vncserver

Jeff Rosenberg rosenbj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 14:23:56 UTC 2006

Yes, this eliminates the need to have a keyboard, monitor or mouse on the
Linux box.  I want to get the TV out working for Mythfrontend startup vs.
starting up Mythfrontend again VNC and then starting livetv or recordings.

For vnc, you just need to be sure vncserver is installed.  Start it up (1st
time will ask you create a password).  Then use vncviewer against display
:1.

By default, vncserver is not secure, so I typically use ssh port forwarding
when connecting to the vncserver via the viewer.

Regards,
Jeff