[mythtv-users] PVR-350 remote?

Henrik Gammelmark mythtv at geemark.com
Mon Jul 10 10:25:27 UTC 2006

I am having difficulties understanding how lirc works with the PVR-350
remote (the "new" one) and MythTV.

I have installed lirc, and lircd is running as a deamon.
In /etc/lirc/lircd.conf I have pasted the mapping from IR signals to
names, that I found on the net.

In /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc, I have put the mappings from the latter
names onto Myth commands.

When I run mythfrontend, it connects to the lircd deamon (or at least
some socket somewhere), and it reads the lircrc file fine (at least it
doesn't report errors, and complaints if the file is not there).

My problem then is, that when mythfrontend starts up, the keys are all
messed up. E.g. the "8" key is up, while "2" is down etc. Does
mythfrontend ignore the mappings in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf because it
autodetects a PVR-350, and uses some built-in mappings from the old
PVR-350 remote (which has different IR mappings, I read somewhere)?

Other weird symptons:
- The lircd deamon seams to shut down whenever mythfrontend starts
- "irw" terminates instantly and also seem to kill the lircd deamon

Using Debian testing on linux 2.6.16.20.
Running MythTV 0.19.20060121-2 (SVN) with PVR-350 and PVR-500.

/ Henrik