[mythtv-users] Watch out if using uk_rt listings to record Law & Order (inc spin-offs)

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 23:05:04 UTC 2006

Seems this has quietly bitten me two weeks in a row now. The Radio
Times/uk_rt listings almost always title Law and Order as "Law and
Order" and as such my regular rules use this title (with the same use
of 'and' instead of '&' for the 2 continuing spin-offs).

However, on the day of transmission (i.e. earlier today) they have
twice switched the title to "Law & Order" - which is really the
_correct_ title - and so the rule fails to schedule the recording.
I've created a second rule to cover both possibilities, but not for
SVU - and so I missed the earlier showing.

I thought I'd post this heads-up for any LAO fans in the UK to be on
the lookout (esp in case they have observed any strange missing
recordings). I just double checked the current five listings and for
this Friday's SVU they have "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit", and
for Saturday's, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". Nothing like
consistency!

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: