[mythtv-users] mythweb feature request

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 22:42:38 UTC 2006

On 08/07/06, Ben Lancaster <lists at benlancaster.co.uk> wrote:

> On 8 Jul 2006, at 23:17, Chris Petersen wrote:
>
> > Christopher Friend wrote:
> >> would be nicer if it could notice that "program name xyz" that was
> >> at 12pm
> >> is now "program name xyz" at 12.15pm and change the schedule to that.
> >
> > That's what the "find one..." and "record at any time..." schedule
> > types
> > are for.
>
> Hmm, yes and no - I had an annoying one this week with Big Brother
> (yeah yeah, I know) here in the UK. The uk_rt guide data said 10.00pm
> - 10.50pm, but the show was actually extended on the day to 11.00pm.
> The EPG data reflected this, but RT was never updated.

That's a listings problem and not a scheduling problem. If the
listings were correct in MythTV the scheduler would have picked that
up.

You can (in SVN, don't think it's available in 0.19) run the EIT
grabber on DVB channels that get their listings from uk_rt to update
them if there are any last minute program timing changes (such as the
one you note) but using the 'find one' or 'record at any time'
scheduling options will mean your recording is not constrained to the
start/end times of the showing existing when you create the rule.

I've had a few cases (most notably recording Dream On) where uk_rt has
not updated their listings, even when ITV4's schedules have reflected
new transmission times days in advance.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: