[mythtv-users] splitting video file and overlapping recordings

Paul Wilson paul at wilsononline.id.au
Sat Jul 8 01:04:55 UTC 2006

I have a problem where by when I record shows which spill over into
different time slots the tail and/or head gets recorded in another
video, I want an easy way of tracking down the recorded show which
follows or precedes the one I'm watching...
I don't want to have to work it out as sometimes these are recorded a
few weeks ago so, have to hunt around to find which recording the rest
of the show is on if at all its there ie my tuner could have switched
channels rather than record something following first show.
Two questions
Q1. How do I split DVB records easily ?
Q2. Can I easily track the timeline of recordings? ie fimd shows  that
may have recorded before after show I'm watching?

my old PVR you could split files why can MythTV do it , I see a Edit
function to set Cut points , what process uses this and can I split from
here or delete using interface without getting into command line?

If these aren't in MythTV these would be two useful features so I won't
accidently delete part/end of another show, ie its alot annoying if I
cut off a show and I find I have deleted the recording which has the
ending of the one I'm watching.

Thanks