[mythtv-users] LIRC and PVR 150/250 (still struggling)

Sage sage at gypsycaravan.com
Fri Jul 7 16:17:58 UTC 2006

I'm running Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake) with my PVR-150, and instead of
trying to install a packaged version of LIRC, I grabbed the patched source
code from here and followed the instructions:

http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p$

I haven't set up the IR Blaster yet, but the remote works perfectly.

If you're using Fedora Core 5, you should already know from the IVTV Driver
instructions that the FC5 kernel may identify itself as version 2.6.15, but
it's actually a 2.6.16 pre-release; apparently the module architecture has
changed drastically between those two kernel versions, and that could be
part of your trouble.