[mythtv-users] Eliminating a ground loop/hum

Owen Mehegan owen at nerdnetworks.org
Fri Jul 7 02:47:58 UTC 2006

It occurred to me that I'm not actually USING the coax OUTPUT from my
cable box; I use the composite instead, for Myth. So in other words,
I have:

cable box -> composite -> mythbox    AND
cable box -> coax/RF -> TV

This way I could change inputs on my TV and bypass Myth if I wanted
to. The main reason I did, though, was to get rid of the damn hum.
When I unplug the coax from the TV, it's gone! I guess that's a good
enough solution for me, for now.

--
owen at nerdnetworks.org (Owen B. Mehegan)
'There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,