[mythtv-users] Raid Performance Tweaking

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 21:06:38 UTC 2006

I think the problem here is that guide is very outdated. Did you see the
computer they were using "Dual Pentium Pro 150 MHz"? I bet that was on
a 2.2kernel also so to me any numbers there are meaningless. At work I
use 256K
or 512K blocks on my 1TB or 2TB raid 5 or raid 6 arrays. My latest server
build featured 6 X 320 GB seagate 7200.10 drives in a raid 6 256K clusters
for ~ 1.2TB of raid space. With that setup on a Athlon64 M2 3200 system
(asus mobo) I get ~260 MB/s on the non cached hdparm benchmark.

John