[mythtv-users] LIRC and PVR 150/250 (still struggling)

jonr at destar.net jonr at destar.net
Thu Jul 6 20:21:48 UTC 2006

Quoting Scott Johnson <scott-mythtv at cfl.rr.com>:

> I've already tried to compile my own LIRC.  I downloaded lirc-0.7.2 and
> lirc-0.8.0 and neither one correctly compiles against my kernel source
> (2.6.16-1.2111_FC4).  I did the configure process correctly for LIRC by
> telling it to compile the Hauppauge driver.  The driver code is looking
> for fields in the kernel source that don't exist.  I updated my kernel
> (to 2.6.16-1.2111_FC4) so that I could use the yum package that was
> available for LIRC so I wouldn't have to solve this compilation issue.
> If someone can tell me how I might rebuild LIRC so that it doesn't
> conflict with my yum packages and it compiles against my kernel source,
> that may do the trick.

To compile against your kernel source use:
./configure --with-kerneldir=DIR

Hi Scott,

I have the pvr150 with the reciever/blaster cable. I have the reciever working
but the blaster portion is giving me some trouble. Are you just having a
problem with the reciever side or are you talking about the blaster portion?
You can download the lircrc file and the lircd file for that remote from Jarods
site. Make sure you have a .lircrc in your /home/<mythuser>/.<mythuser>/ and the
same .lircrc file in your /home/<mythuser>/ directory but in the latter make it
lircrc instead of .lircrc.

Hope that helps,

Jon