[mythtv-users] MySql permissions required for Frontend accessing Backend?

alunt2003 at googlemail.com alunt2003 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 6 19:02:25 UTC 2006

Hi Guys/Gals.

I've had MythTV working for months on a combined Frontend/Backend.
I now want another Frontend (on the same lan 192.168.0.x) to connect to the backend.
I have entered the following in mysql:

 grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.0.%" identified by "mythtv";
 flush privileges;

The new Frontend kinda connects,but not fully.
I can see in the job queue that i have two programmes waiting,yet i dont
get to see any of my recordings.

As i go throught the menus it gives me the "Could not connect to the
master server--is it running blah..." error, yet i have the same user
name and password as the frontend on the backend box.

This is what i see in an xterm:

2006-07-06 19:54:36.848 Connecting to backend server:mythbackend.podzone.org:6543 (try 1 of 5)
2006-07-06 19:54:36.848 Connection timed out.You probably should modify the Master Server
settings in the setup program and set the proper IP address.

Any Ideas?
Thanks Alun Thomson