[mythtv-users] setting up IR Blaster

Nishant Limbachia tuxrules at ameritech.net
Thu Jul 6 14:38:44 UTC 2006

Hi Ramanraj,

  You can easily change channels using the Hauppauge remote while watching Live TV.  To change channels and record programs when I'm away, I use IR Blaster (www.irblaster.info) and lirc_serial.  I use Dish Network too but I don't use dish network's remote.  I find Hauppauge's remote pretty good.  So far it has worked perfectly.

  I don't know if Hauppauge PVR-150 comes with remote but if it does then, in order to make hauppauge remote work, you have to first generate or copy (I've copied) the lircd.conf file.  This file resides in /etc directory.  You then have to make lircrc file in the user's (one running mythtv...in my case it is a user named mythtv) home directory.  Once you do that, run a window manager and run irxevent...this is what sends the remote control presses to mythtv.  Ofcourse, before running irxevent, you need to run two daemons lircd and lircmd.  lircmd is what makes your remote work as a mouse.  You also would have to modify your xorg.conf file to let lircmd to work.

  I'm using Slackware 10.2 with kernel 2.6.16.16, MythTV version 0.19, PVR-350 (S-video in, TV-out from PVR-350), LIRC both i2c and serial drivers.

  -Tux,
  Ramanraj Vamsi <ramanrajvamsi at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi,
I recently built myth tv in my suse linux 10.0 and I am able to watch live tv .
Iam using Hauppauge 150 card.
I am using DishTV DVB and I am able to change channels using the dish tv remote.
I installed all the (RPM)packages using YaST, followed www.acaciaclose.com.
And I even installed LIRC ,but I don't know how to make it and configure so that my IR Blaster will scan the channels.
I am using dishtv remote to change the channels.
How can I make the Hauppauge Remote work?
Is there any thing I missed to do?

Any help will be highly appreciated!!!

vamsy.