[mythtv-users] Inexpensive Desktop ATX case for HTPC?

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Thu Jul 6 14:09:35 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 13:30 -0500, fkamp at comcast.net wrote:
<snip>

> I am pretty sure that the case does not make it ATX.  ATX is
> a function of the motherboard and power supply and from what
> I have seen ATX stuff will fit fine in a normal sized
> desktop case.
>
> <snip>
> Regards,
> Frank Kamp

Depends on how far back you are willing to go.... AT cases had different
hole spacing, and didn't have the standard rear-panel IO hole, so you
couldn't just stick an ATX motherboard in an AT style case. Most cases
these days are ATX, though, and have been for years, so it shouldn't be
much of an issue. You'd be hard pressed to find a case that only
supported AT style motherboards.

		--Matt