[mythtv-users] Eliminating a ground loop/hum

Asher freedenizen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 03:46:35 UTC 2006

On 7/5/06, Owen Mehegan <owen at nerdnetworks.org> wrote:

> I have a new Myth system that I've just built. I'm using an MSI PM8M-V
> motherboard, with its on-board audio (Via VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97) for
> everything. The system is connected to a Sony 34" CRT TV using DVI/HDMI
> cable. Audio is routed as follows:
>
> cable box -> myth box -> tv -> Sony home theater receiver/speakers

I used to have a problem like this as well, some things to check, is
the hum in the recording or the playback?  If it is in the recording
try hooking the rf out from the cablebox into the tv card, even if you
aren't using this.  I had a cable box/apartment with some weird
grounding problem, and that was the easiest fix I found for it.