[mythtv-users] Recommendations Please, TV Card

Mike Hillsgrove mikeah at cablespeed.com
Thu Jul 6 02:22:40 UTC 2006

 >>Probably a PVR-250, since they're well supported for a very long time,

As it is said, so let it be done.  That's what I'm looking for.  Thank you.

 >>If you want to take the easy road to getting mythtv working, I would
recommend you focus more on which Linux distribution you use than your

Good advice. But in fact this particular machine was designed and
intended to evaluate various Linux distributions. The HDD is rack
mounted so that I can swap the distro's in and out as I need them.  The
machine has to do more than watch TV.  Linspire, which is a Debian Linux
does a good deal of stuff very well.   The next HDD is getting SUSE
10.1.  Most of the ones recommended seem to be Debian Linux's.

Philosophically, I always start with the most compatible hardware.