[mythtv-users] USB-stick DVB-T receivers?

Thomas Hood thomas.hood at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 13:26:47 UTC 2006

There seem to be a fair few around -- do any of them work under linux?

They all appear to:
- be significantly cheaper than PCI cards
- save faffing around with inevitable PCI issues
- remove a large heat-source from the case
- mostly not have an IR portion which I don't need anyhow

How are they so much smaller anyhow? The only usb card I've read about
that does work (the nova-something-or-other) is in a large-ish box!

I bought a WinTV-NOVA-T DVB-T USB Stick which doesn't work. duh.

Thanks,

Tom