[mythtv-users] Skipping frames?

Ben Lancaster lists at benlancaster.co.uk
Wed Jul 5 00:02:49 UTC 2006

Hey,

My Myth box is doing odd stuff and always has - sometimes (seemingly
intermittantly) something will cause any A/V app to skip a couple of
frames every 10-15s or so. I couldn't work out what the trigger was,
however today it coincided exactly with a couple of things:

I was watching a recording that was still in progress, and whilst I
was part-way through the recording, it finished recording the actual
show, at that precise moment (and the moment mythcommflag started
up), the a/v skipping issue started. Oddly, even after the job had
finished, everything was still skipping.

Does anyone know what might be the problem here? I remember seeing a
setting somewhere to embargo commflag/transcode jobs to specific
times, but I can't find them anywhere, so for now I've just disabled
them, that way I'll know if its the recording ending while its still
being watched, or the commflag/transcode job that triggers it.

I'm running FC5 (x86_64), with kver 2.6.16, and MythTV from ATRPMs.
Neither the frontend/backend log display anything untoward (other
than the launching of the jobs) that might be at fault, nor does Xorg.
0.log, dmesg or /var/log/messages

Thanks!

Ben