[mythtv-users] "Streaming" from mythweb to windows?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 21:15:59 UTC 2006

> Is there any way to make the streaming function (click on recording in
> MythWEB) could be made to work with VLC (or something) on a WIndows box?
>
> I heard something about MythStreamTv not being runnable with 0.19?

I'm pretty sure I've read that people have it working with 0.19.

Alternative is to install dsmyth (from sourceforge) on your Windows
box. I've done this and now I just click a link on MythWeb and it
plays the recording in mplayer classic (the old one). It's NOT
streaming, though, so it's fine on my home LAN but would be no good
from an external connection.

Regards,
Phill