[mythtv-users] Fedora Core 5

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 18:39:22 UTC 2006

I had a big headache with MySQL 5 included FC5.  It was a clean
install of FC5.  Kept on getting "Database connection dropped"
messages, despite using the release-0.19-fixes branch (which was
supposed to have these fixed).    I also tried the atrpms version.

Out of frustration, I downgraded MySQL back to 4.1, the problems went
away.  Eventually, I ended up going back to MySQL 5 for other reasons,
and that problem didn't return.  Everything is working smoothly now;
but it was a week of frustration with MySQL 5 for me.

So, count at least one person who had issues with the MySQL 5 part of
Fedora Core 5.