[mythtv-users] Internal DVD Playback Issues

Kevin McBride Kevin.McBride at brocku.ca
Tue Jul 4 15:35:35 UTC 2006

Hey,

I have been having issues getting MythDVD to play DVDs in a user friendly
way.  I started using mplayer, but it has no menus, and seems to not like
certain DVDs.  It also likes to crash or hang, forcing me to reboot.  I've
tried Xine, but I'm getting focus issues (forces me to use the mouse to
select menu options and to switch to the player window to manually exit
playback) and I don't like the key mappings.  So I when I heard the internal
player was out in .19, and would have menu support in .20 I wanted to
switch.

After upgrading to .19 I put the word "Internal" in the playback options
with the correct case.  When I hit play DVD the screen flashes black for a
second, then goes back to the menu on all DVDs.  The Internal player works
fine with video playback.

If I exit the frontend I notice a line saying something about trying to
switch from Watching to Prerecorded.  I will grab the exact message when I
get home from work.

I've seen this, or a similar issue, brought up before but I haven't seen a
solution.  Has anyone else had a similar problem, or better yet know how to
fix it?

Thanks,

Kevin