[mythtv-users] quality shielded coax cable

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon Jul 3 18:14:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 11:03 -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Jul 3, 2006, at 10:31 AM, Greg Woods wrote:

> As opposed to "un-shielded" coax cable :-))
>
> Not sure what type of cable you want, you don't say.

I don't know what type of cable I want either; I know little about
cables. It is just a desperate measure to try and get my HD3000 card to
work (the picture is hesitant and breaks up into little square blocks
that look like big pixels). The only hint I've gotten that I haven't
addressed yet is some type of interference, so I'm looking for a cable
that I can run behind the shelf where all the TV-related devices are
(including the Myth server with HD3000) where the level of interference
is likely to be highest. I'm hoping that the HD3000 would somehow be
more sensitive to that interference than the DCT-6412 cable box (analog
and QAM), TV (analog and QAM), or PVR-500 card (all of which work fine),
in which case installing some shielded cable might help. I can't think
of anything else to do.

--Greg