[mythtv-users] PostgreSQL

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 3 16:27:45 UTC 2006

On 07/03/2006 11:01 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> That being said, you can set a SQLite pragma which cuts most query
> time in half (at least) at the expense of the *possibility* that your
> db will become corrupt in the event of a complete power failure,
> however I've never seen this happen.

Heh.  Funny situation.  We could switch to SQLite so the OP doesn't need
to maintain MySQL, but to get (closer to) the speed we need, we'd have
to allow the possibility of a DB corruption in the event of a system
failure--which is one of the reasons the OP doesn't like MySQL in the
first place.  :)

Mike