[mythtv-users] possible p2p approach for mythtv information?

tom roth rawdlite at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 3 16:15:52 UTC 2006

On 03/07/06, Vijay Gill <vijay.s.gill at gmail.com> wrote:

> Even cut list cannot be shared because of the following reason:
> Programs are sometimes delayed here in Ireland because of some reason
> or the other. To get around this problem, I always start recordings 5
> minutes early and end 10 minutes late.
>
> Now how can the cut-list be shared in such a case? I don't think so
> until some AI is built into mythtv.

Not necessarily, you would need to reference your systemtime. Say you
started your recording at  9:45  and set a cutpoint 10 min into the
recording.  The cutpoint then would be 9:55.
i started my recording at 9:40 so a cutpoint of 9:55 means to set the
cutpoint 15 min into the recording. Of course we both use ntp to synchronize
our systems.

I think the biggest issue with sharing cutlists could be a legal one. The
broadcasters consider cutting commercials as stealing from them.

rawdlite