[mythtv-users] Moving older TV recordings to disk on network machine.

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jul 1 03:01:04 UTC 2006

On Jun 30, 2006, at 8:12 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 06/30/2006 09:40 PM, Lachlan McIntosh wrote:
>> Has/does anyone sucessfully moved older recordings to a disk on
>> another
>> machine, but done this in a way that it is possible to still
>> access the
>> recordings from the watch recordings list?
>>
>> I have a samba share mounted on my machine as wanted to "archive"
>> shows
>> that I want to keep but don't watch that often to a Windows server
>> with
>> a large amount of free disk space.
>>
>> Any suggestions or ideas?
>
> myth_archive_job.pl in contrib

Agreed, it works great, I use it all the time.

One thing to be careful of though, if you move a file and then later
transcode it (say to remove commercials) the link in the original
directory will be replaced with the transcoded file itself, leaving
the original file in the archive directory even after you delete the
transcoded file. Not a real problem as long as you're aware of it.

This may have been corrected by now, I'm running an early 0.19 version.