No subject

Fri Jan 20 20:58:57 UTC 2006

I can't access my Windows network shares anymore! People tell me to use the
smbmount command, but it doesn't work!
A: Fedora Core 4 uses a cool new type of Windows file sharing called "The
Common Internet File System" (CIFS). Instead of using "smbmount", try:

mount -t cifs //computername/share /mnt/somedirectory

For more information about this, in a terminal you can do:
man mount.cifs

> I know using fstab would make it mount automatically on boot
> up, but I am not sure this would solve my problem. Would it?

I tried doing an fstab entry, but my system keeps prompting me for the
password.  I have the same users/passwords on both the linux box and the
windows box.  I am not sure if you need the user/pass for the currently
logged in user.

I think this thread will solve my issue thoug:
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41249

-Brian