[mythtv-users] OT: Seeking good socket940 PCI-X + PCI motherboard

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Jan 31 18:30:19 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 10:22, Blammo wrote:
> Looking for recommendations / sources for a motherboard with the
> following minimum specs:
>
> Socket 939/940
> (1) PCI-X (not pci-express) 66/100/133 slot
> (3) PCI slots
> (1) integrated gigE
> (1) integrated video
>

> I'm looking for a new motherboard for my primary backend, and would
> like to move my 3ware card into a PCI-X motherboard.
>
> Suggestions, ideas, sources, experiences, etc?

Its probably overkill, but we use a ton of Arima HDAMA dual-Opteron boards at
work, with rather good success (~800 of them in production at my location).

The board has 2x PCI-X, 2x 64-bit PCI and 2x 32-bit PCI (and of course, you
can put a 32-bit card in the 64-bit slots). Also has 8 DIMM slots (4 per
cpu), dual onboard GbE and onboard video (8MB ATi, IIRC).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com