[mythtv-users] X consumes almost all CPU with XvMC and x86_64

homer simpson homer_simpson_loves_u at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 31 18:11:43 UTC 2006

>From: Anssi Kanninen <ansi at cc.hut.fi>
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: [mythtv-users] X consumes almost all CPU with XvMC and x86_64
>Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:03:31 +0200
>
>Hi!
>
>I'm running MythTV in Athlon64 with GF6600 thru s-video. (Fedora 4, Nvidia
>driver 7676)
>XvMC seems to work with live TV and mythfrontend consumes 5-10 % of CPU.
>What worries me is a load of X, about 80-90 % of CPU when watching TV.
>Anyone else having the same problem?
>
>Cheers!
>- Anssi K.

Are you sure you're loading all the drivers necessary for the nvidia driver
to initialize?

Please post your /var/log/Xorg.0.log (or whatever its called).

Also check your kernel to insure you have

CONFIG_AGP_AMD64=m

My guess is the driver's not actually working and xorg is defaulting to its
builtin driver or the nvidia module is running slowly due to missing
drivers.

The log will tell you if there are any errors initializing the drm or dga.
Which reminds me you need to have them enabled in your xorg.conf file.

Homer