[mythtv-users] How to run Commercial Detection on Video from DVD?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jan 30 23:34:53 UTC 2006

On Jan 30, 2006, at 3:34 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> myth.rebuild.database
>
> Probably installed on your system (unless you built Myth yourself--in
> which case, get it from the contrib directory of the mythtv source).
> You can always try (from BASH), "myth<Tab><Tab>" to see if it's
> installed.  If you use locate or find, make sure you type the name
> correctly.

I found a perl script called myth.rebuilddatabase.pl

Is this what you're talking about? Looks like it should do the job,
just wanting to see if there might be something else as well.

First time I used a program called "TextWrangler" on a perl script,
does a nice job color-coding and makes it quite readable, and it's free!