[mythtv-users] How to run Commercial Detection on Video from DVD?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 30 22:34:04 UTC 2006

Brian Wood wrote:

> Now how do I get it into the "recordings" area, instead of "videos",
> so I can edit it as a regular MythTV recording.
>
> I saw a reference to a "mythrebuilddatabase.pl" script someplace that
> would seem to do that but it appears not to be a part of the regular
> release, but rather a contributed script, but I don't know to what it
> was "contributed".
>
> Or is there a better solution?

myth.rebuild.database

Probably installed on your system (unless you built Myth yourself--in
which case, get it from the contrib directory of the mythtv source).
You can always try (from BASH), "myth<Tab><Tab>" to see if it's
installed.  If you use locate or find, make sure you type the name
correctly.

Mike