[mythtv-users] Video Player that can Bookmark

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Mon Jan 30 20:02:09 UTC 2006

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 08:41:51 -0800
Peter Darley wrote:

> Folks,
> 	I've been watching movies a lot on the ol' Myth system, and I find that I
> often can't finish a movie in one sitting because of my new daughter.  I'm
> wondering if anyone can suggest a video player that will allow me to save a
> bookmark of where I left off when I stopped the video, similar to what Myth
> can do with TV shows?  I checked out xine and mplayer, and it doesn't look
> like either of them can do it, tho I could have missed something.
> Thanks,
> Peter Darley

With mplayer my lazy and unscientific way is to use the "o" (thats alpha
not numeric) on the keyboard to see how far thru the movie I am before
stopping it, then when I restart it using pgup/down and
up/down/left/right arrows to find the spot again.

Just describing it makes me realise there must be a better way!

--
Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>