[mythtv-users] US-Broadcast, Hauppage WinTV, Fedora Core 2

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Jan 30 16:55:24 UTC 2006

R. G. Newbury wrote:

>Sounds like the database is 'corrupted' in that you have no tuning
>information in it.
>Sounds like you have not fully followed the instructions. The fact that
>your hardware works with xawtv strongly implies that the kernel+module
>side of things is set up correctly for your hardware so that the problem
>is the mythtv setup.

Yup.  I'm fairly confident that my hardware + kernel is OK.

>THIS IS YOUR JANUARY QUIZ. ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS.

Yes.

>2.    Have you set up a broadcast lineup there, using your zip code,
>thus determining the local channels you can receive at your antenna
>site? Note that this will list both analog and digital channels: you may
>have to select one type or the other for your lineup. If your card is
>analog, then including digital channels is "contra-indicated"

Yes, but I think there are digital channels in there.  I just checked my
subscription; I did in fact have 10 digital channels selected...  Too
bad I have to wait to get home from work to see if this worked...  :-)

>3.    Have you saved that lineup, and remembered to write down you user
>name and password? (Note these are not the same as the ones for
>zap2it.com alone)

Yes.

>Have you entered that lineup, including username and password in
>mythtv-setup under "Video sources"? (Note that this may run
>mythfilldatabase... and take a while)

Yes.

>4.    Have you associated your card (entered in mythtv-setup, "Capture
>Cards")  with that source, by selecting that combination in
>mythtv-setup, "Input Connections", using the correct description for the
>physical input you are using.

Yes.

>And finally,
>5.    Have you run mythfilldatabase, (again) to actually download a
>program schedule to your mysql database?

Yes.

>THIS QUIZ WILL COUNT FOR 100% OF YOUR WINTER TERM MARK!

:-)