[mythtv-users] nvidia, opengl, kernel and more

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Mon Jan 30 04:36:04 UTC 2006

> Can someone please share their combination of nvidia driver, kernel,
> opengl settings, etc. if you have it working?

Thanks a bunch for everyone submitting their configs, now I 'almost'
have my FX5200 running just fine.  Two more problems:

1) The On Screen Display graphics are in black-&-white and 'blinky',
when XvMC is used.  If I turn of XvMC, then they're in color, but then
CPU is too high and I get prebuffering pauses.  Anyone know how to
get my color OSD back with XvMC?

1) Slight prebuffering pauses while the OSD in displayed, during which
CPU is goes up to about 75%, up from normal 45% during HD playback.
This may be related to problem #1 above.

I'm using nvidia driver 7676. Any thoughts?