[mythtv-users] External audio

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Jan 29 23:18:44 UTC 2006

Has anyone used any USB attached external audio devices like the Extigy
or the Creative Live 24-bit External USB device?  I'm considering this
as an option on my small form factor frontend.  I see that it has
optical SPDIF out which I need but I'm not sure on the AC3 passthrough
support in Linux of these devices.  I'd like to do this to remove the
full height PCI audio card I have in the SFF case in order to make room
for an AGP video card which that card blocks.

Thanks,
Kevin