[mythtv-users] Schedule changes

Mike Richardson doctor at mcc.ac.uk
Sun Jan 29 19:35:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 07:06:38PM +0000, Nick wrote:
> On 17/01/06, Mike Richardson <doctor at mcc.ac.uk> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 01:06:51AM +0000, Nick wrote:

> You can use the channel editor to individually turn off use of the EPG
> for DVB channels, or you could edit the DB directly (obviously more
> dangerous in case something goes wrong - backup, usual disclaimers

Hiya,

I've had a look at the channel editor in mythtv-setup and I can't see how
you'd turn off the DVB channels. The channel editor lists all the channels
available, and the source (RT for DVB and RT2 for the PVR-250, in my case).

There are no channels listed which aren't associated with RT or RT2. If I
remove a channel from here won't it remove it completely from Mythtv's
understanding?

As far as I understand how MythTV works the channel number (channum) is
originally defined courtesy of the information provided by a scan of the DVB
card and thus is the key to any EPG updates from the DVB. If channel 14 (E4)
had its channel number changed to, say, 914, then the DVB card would no
longer know to update E4 but as long as the xmltvid was present the MFDB
would know to update it.

Is this right?

Thanks again

Mike

--
Mike Richardson
Networks
Email: doctor at mcc.ac.uk
*Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival*