[mythtv-users] cutlist

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 16:03:50 UTC 2006

On 1/29/06, Jonathan Smith <jonathanlsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/29/06, Jens Baumeister <jens.baumeister at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 1/29/06, Claude Gélinas agr. <claude at phyto.qc.ca> wrote:
> >
> > > I can view the recording and edit it with my remote but do I need to
> > > same some data to a cutlist.file to process it after with mythburn
> >
> > As far as I know, the mythburn scripts automatically use the mythtv
> > cutlist
>
> The autogenerated cut list does a decent job, but never perfect
> from my experience.

The cutlist that commercial flagging produces needs some attention
before it's perfect. However the OP stated that he can use his remote
to edit the recording, so I figure he can correct those errors without
the need for a keyboard.

The original question, as I understood it, was not: "How can I cut my
recordings with a remote?" or "Do I need to manually edit
auto-generated cutlists?" but rather "How do I export myth cutlists
into a file to use with mythburn?" And if mythburn works the same on
analogue capture cards as it does on my DVB setup, the answer would
be: "You don't need to worry about it for mythburn as the scripts
already do it automatically."

(Examining mythburn's code should show how it does that, but I'm not
near my mythbox right now.)

Jens