[mythtv-users] cutlist

Osma Ahvenlampi oa at iki.fi
Sun Jan 29 15:07:08 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 09:40 -0500, Claude Gélinas agr. wrote:
> I can view the recording and edit it with my remote but do I need to
> same some data to a cutlist.file to process it after with mythburn

You create a cutlist for a transcoder by entering edit mode with 'e'
while viewing the recording, selecting where you want to insert a
cutpoint with space or enter, and then exiting with another 'e' press.
While in the edit mode, you can also load the pregenerated commercial
detector cutlist with 'z'.

Then you just transcode the recording. I don't use mythburn, maybe it
can transcode while burning, maybe you need to do that ahead of time.

I can routinely transcode an hour of DVB signal from 2 gigs to 1 of
MPEG-4 with the same resolution (720x576) and no noticeable loss of
quality, and lose the commercials while doing that. That doubles my
storage capacity on the box, so I haven't bothered burning anything to
disc since setting up the system a year ago.

> Could someone explaine a little bit more about that process. My system
> have no keyboard, just a pvr 350 remote.

Map the 'e' and 'z' keys somewhere to your remote. You probably have the
other keys required, ie cursor keys and either space or enter already
mapped there.

--
Osma Ahvenlampi   <oa at iki.fi>    http://www.fishpool.org