[mythtv-users] Finnish DVB EPG and PreferredLanguages (SVN regression)

Osma Ahvenlampi oa at iki.fi
Sun Jan 29 12:10:17 UTC 2006

Since switching from 0.18.x to SVN a few weeks ago, an old problem has
reappeared - the EPG keeps switching between Finnish and Swedish program
info (as both are broadcasted in the DVB stream). With 0.18 I found that
setting PreferredLanguages to 'fin' helped, but it doesn't any more.
Sometimes program info is in Finnish, sometimes in Swedish, and it keeps
changing for programs that have already been in the EPG as the data is
refreshed.

This also means that sometimes a program isn't recorded when it should
have been, and sometimes the box records a program twice(!) at the same
time due to having two entries for it in the EPG.

I've tried to dig around in the source, but since the differences
between 0.18 and SVN are huge, I'm getting nowhere. Anyone more clued to
what's the workaround now? The list archives weren't very helpful, but
then again, I can't find the 0.18 reference there any more either.

Thanks,

//osma

--
Osma Ahvenlampi   <oa at iki.fi>    http://www.fishpool.org