[mythtv-users] Slave backend screwing up master

johan Henęs johan at henes.no
Sun Jan 29 08:32:16 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-28 at 16:33 -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> johan Henęs wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> > I have a weird problem in my setup. (0.18.1 running on Ubuntu)
> > My Master Backend is running just fine as a "standalone". Due to lack of
> > PCI-slots i had to place my second PVR 350 in my frontend, configuring
> > it as a slave backend. Still everything looks fine, BUT - When starting
> > my slave, the master backend gets problems capturing video.
>
> The fact that there is another machine out in the world shouldn't
> affect the ability of the existing card to read data. Something
> may have been inadvertently reconfigured in the process of adding
> the slave but I suspect this is a misperception of the cause.
>
> > When using only one capture-card the system consequently chooses the
> > capturecard from my slave backend. If both are needed, i get the
>
> Now this doesn't add up. If you left the original master card and
> input as is, it would be the first choice and the slave would only
> be used if there were two recordings at the same time. There is
> something that you didn't explain here.

Right now the tv is on in the living room. - This is the output of the
Backend status :
--
Encoder 1 is local on haukern and is not recording.
Encoder 2 is remote on frontend and is watching Live TV

+--------+-------------+----------+----------+
| cardid | videodevice | cardtype | hostname |
+--------+-------------+----------+----------+
|      1 | /dev/video0 | MPEG     | haukern  |
|      2 | /dev/video0 | MPEG     | frontend |
2 rows in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> select cardinputid,cardid,sourceid,inputname from cardinput;
| cardinputid | cardid | sourceid | inputname |
|           1 |      1 |        1 | Tuner 0   |
|           2 |      2 |        1 | Tuner 0   |