[mythtv-users] OpenGL Support and PiP

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jan 29 00:22:56 UTC 2006

On Jan 28, 2006, at 4:45 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> On Saturday 28 January 2006 13:44, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Ah, that's true of the SVN versions but not the plain-vanilla
>>> 0.18.1,
>>> which I am trying to stay with for several reasons.
>>
>> Right.  The setting is available in 0.18-fixes SVN and (of course)
>> SVN
>> head, but 0.18.1 and below do not have the setting.
>
> Ah, my mistake. I thought we'd got that OpenGL toggle patch into
> 0.18.1. Well,
> if you want to stay 0.18.1-ish, you might try building off the 0-18-
> fixes
> branch, rather than the 0.18.1 tarball.

No problem, I know how hard it is to keep track of what patch is in
what release.

Meanwhile the plot has thickened. PiP *does* work fine if I enable it
via the on-screen menu (brought up with "M"), but pressing "V" still
doesn't work and locks up the frontend so that it still works but
needs an external kill to get out of it.

I can certainly live with this, and as soon as I update my LIRC
configs it will (hopefully) become academic. I'd say that I've proven
it does not have anything to do with OpenGL, so thus endeth this
thread :-)

Much thanks to all and sorry to have involved the list in my Red
Herring search.

Still wonder what's going on, but you can't know everything.