[mythtv-users] Slave backend screwing up master

johan Henęs johan at henes.no
Sat Jan 28 23:40:36 UTC 2006

Hi !

I have a weird problem in my setup. (0.18.1 running on Ubuntu)
My Master Backend is running just fine as a "standalone". Due to lack of
PCI-slots i had to place my second PVR 350 in my frontend, configuring
it as a slave backend. Still everything looks fine, BUT - When starting
my slave, the master backend gets problems capturing video.
When using only one capture-card the system consequently chooses the
capturecard from my slave backend. If both are needed, i get the
following error-message on my master backend :
--
2006-01-28 15:08:21.419 Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15
seconds. Stopping.

Does anybody have an idea what is happening ??

Regards,

Johan