[mythtv-users] Video Player that can Bookmark

Peter Darley darley at darleyconsulting.com
Sat Jan 28 17:19:17 UTC 2006

Folks,
	Internal does allow bookmarking outside of TV, but It's an unfulfilling
player for movies.  For one thing, the Internal player won't work correctly
for odd sizes, which movies often are.  It'll stretch the image to fill the
screen.  Also, since it doesn't allow options in the 'command line' like you
can set up for external players, it means that I would have to have the same
settings for watch TV as I do for watching through MythVideo, so even if it
would display things how I would like, I would have to mess with the display
every time I or (more importantly) the wife wanted to watch a movie.
Lastly, it doesn't scale the image as well and just doesn't look as nice as
Xine, which is what I usually use.
	So, on the whole the problems with Internal for use in MythWeb outweigh
this particular benefit.  Unless I'm mistaken about how flexible Internal
is, which is certainly possible. :)

Thanks,
Peter Darley