[mythtv-users] Mythtv rebooting system

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 14:38:23 UTC 2006

On 28/01/06, Nathan A. Smith <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following for my system...
>
> AMD 1800+
> 756 Megs Memory
> 120 Gig harddrive space
> wireless nic
> PVR-500
>
> I can get mythtv running fine, but after some random amount of time I
> will have the system reboot.  I have seen very little in the logs, what
> I have seen I posted below.  I have noticed that my cpu usage is at 30%
> -- with no recording going on!  So can anyone help a poor soul out?

You could look in your system log around the time of your reboots, and
also importantly use 'ps aux' and 'top' to see what's running when the
system is up to see what's taking so much of your CPU. Also checking
'dmesg' and 'lspci -v' might reveal whether there are several devices
sharing IRQs.

You could also remove the ivtv card/modules from the system if you
believe it is causing the reboots and see if the system stabilises
without it.

Nick